Travel Advice/Travel Tips - Create a
There are a number of reasons for creating an accurate and up-to-date
- You can use it to track your trip details (airline departure
and arrival times, automobile rental information, hotel reservations,
- In addition, a comprehensive itinerary should include a list of the
excursions and points-of-interest that you plan to see along the way.
Make your itinerary a one-stop reference for all of the details you
will need to manage your trip. Your itinerary should include:
- The name, address, phone number, and email address of each service
provider (limousines, airlines, other transportation, guides, etc).
- Include confirmation numbers, quoted costs and the name of
the individual who took your reservations (if you are dealing with
Arrange an itinerary by date and time.
- Add the places that you want to see on the appropriate days, not in
a list at the end of the document.
- A carefully laid out itinerary will help eliminate those nasty
surprises that could ruin your trip
- Make sure you include all of your lodging reservations and
confirmations, as these will be your only recourse of something goes
wrong with your reservation.
If you make your own travel arrangements, the best way to keep track of
your evolving itinerary is to create one on your computer.
- A computerized file (use your word processor) gives you the ability
to easily add and delete items.
- Be sure to print a couple of copies of your itinerary to take with
- In addition, if you use a PDA (a handheld computer), download a copy
of your itinerary for searchable reference on the road.
If you use a travel agent to arrange your vacation, ask them if they
can email you a copy of the trip details.
- Copy the details from the email to your itinerary and
paste it into a document using your word processor
- Add notes about attractions that you will see at your destinations
in order to create a comprehensive itinerary of your trip.
The ability to print multiple copies of your itinerary will help those
at home to contact you, should an emergency arise. Be sure to leave
copies with the appropriate people and let them know the conditions that
warrant contacting you.
If you need to find
information about Destinations or other Things Travelers Need To Know,
try Googling ThereArePlaces.